Solar Application & Delivery
This Terra Pave Albedo installation does not exist. This is a picture that has been retouched using Photo-Shop so that one can see the proposed installation of Terra Pave Albedo for a fixed tilt power plant.
APPLYING TERRA PAVE ON NEW SOLAR FARMS WITH IMPERMEABLE STRIPES OR OVERALL
The ground has to be prepared before Top-Seal White (for access roads) or Top-Seal White Albedo (for under bifacial panels) can be applied.
- First, the grass layer has to be completely removed from the surface.
- Secondly, a soil grader and a soil compactor have to be used.
- Thirdly, the piles for the mounting structure should be drilled and the piles should be put in.
- Finally Terra Pave Top-Seal (White or Albedo products) can be applied using a water truck equipped with ProControl Telematics and a specially designed water sprayer nozzle system.
Terra Pave should be applied in white stripes in between the panels most likely for a fixed tilt power plant. Or, it can be applied overall for tracker applications. See the retouched photo to the left.
After being evenly and thoroughly distributed into the soil, Top-Seal White or Top-Seal White Albedo will begin the process of irreversibly transforming from a liquid to a solid.
The product continues to interact with the soil as a hardening agent that dramatically increases soil strength and resistance to moisture.
Terra Pave products must be applied on a sunny day. Moisture from rainy days will change the chemistry of Terra Pave.
Less Terra Pave Albedo can be used with fixed tilt applications as noted in the top picture to the left.
This retouched photo (directly to the left) indicates full application of Terra Pave Albedo product when trackers are used on a bifacial solar farm. PhotoShop has been used to provide the simulated look of overall Terra Pave application.
APPLYING TERRA PAVE ON NEW SOLAR FARMS WITH PERMEABLE STRIPES
The ground has to be prepared in the same manner as stated above, except only professional users of this equipment will understand how to skillfully use the soil grader and compactor a bit less to deliver a more permeable outcome.
- Vegetation growth occurs with a permeable Terra Pave layer, although much less than without Terra Pave.
- Reflection for the permeable surface is a bit less than reflection with the impermeable surface, although much better than natural ground.
- The Terra Pave layer can be nearly as permeable as the existing surface.
Apply Terra Pave products on sunny days. Moisture from rainy days will change the chemistry of Terra Pave.
APPLICATION FOR AN EXISTING SOLAR CARPORT
Terra Pave Top Seal Albedo can be applied to increase the electrical output of a bifacial solar carport
- (White or Albedo products) require the use of a water truck with a specially designed water spray nozzle system to distribute the product directly onto the existing asphalt.
Drying time takes about one day. Terra Pave products must be applied on a sunny day. Moisture from rainy days will change the chemistry of Terra Pave.
DELIVERY TO APPLICATION SITE
Terra Pave products are packaged in 55-gallon (208 liter) drums, 5-gallon buckets or in 275 gallon (1,040 liter) totes.
In the interest of convenience, it is highly recommended that Terra Pave products be delivered in 275-gallon totes. The totes require less handling and each tote is equipped with an on/off valve near the bottom for easy transfer of the product into a water truck.