Intro to Octillion: Key Facts
Octillion Power Systems is a Tier 1 supplier of electric vehicle battery systems focused on designing and building lithium-ion battery systems for electric cars, trucks and buses. Octillion is now entering the solar market place with storage products that can offer support at the residential, C&I and grid operational levels.
Octillion has delivered more than 400,000 electric vehicle batteries for the global market with more than 4 billion kilometers driven on its battery pack systems.
Key Facts & Core Strengths:
- Octillion provides different cell options that result in tremendous independence to their customer.
- Octillion process starts from cell -> Modules (Number of cells grouped here to match the system needs) -> Pack
- In house assembly: Most of Octillion components are designed by in-house engineers and parts get manufactured by partnered vendors.
- Octillion makes generalized common modules tested and certified in one phase. Same modules can be used for other projects which helps with reduced lead time in R&D, testing and tooling.
- Speed to market.
- Experience in obtaining UL and UN certification, helping Octillion customers to get their solutions certified faster than the competition.
- Different manufacturing locations, providing our customers the chance to select the country and the materials to be manufactured for specific projects.
- Local engineering support in USA. Different languages offered.
- Octillion provides customized solutions, but mass produced.
By 2030 battery storage will be 10x its 2021 size
- 11 years in business (born in the Silicon Valley)
- A solid base–$200 million annual revenue
- Ironically, this California company is running the 2nd largest automotive battery making facility in all of China
- Over 300 engineers on-staff in India, USA, South America and Europe